What is Cos De BAHA 2% Hydroquinone + Azelaic Acid Serum?
Hydroquinone is a skin-lightening agent. It bleaches the skin, which can be helpful when treating different forms of hyperpigmentation.
Helpful, product for those that suffer Melasma post-pregnancy as well as help those in their late thirties onwards where skin begins to have extra activity of hormonal changes.
Historically, there’s been some back-and-forth on the safety of hydroquinone. In 1982, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, FDA, recognized the ingredient as safe.
Several years later, concerns about safety prompted retailers to pull hydroquinone from the market. The FDA went on to discover that many of the products in question contained contaminants like mercury. They established that these contaminants were behind reports of adverse effects.
Since then, the FDA and Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration, TGA, has confirmed that hydroquinone can be safely sold over the counter (OTC) in 2% concentrations. which Cos De BAHA has prepared for a long time.
How can Hydroquinone solve your skin concerns?
While Hydroquinone, Azelaic Acid, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Kojic Acid, Lactic Acid and Niacinamide helps to even skin tone and brighten undesired discolouration. Lactic Acid helps to exfoliate the surface for for smoothness and better penetration of brightening ingredients.
Hydroquinone bleaches your skin by decreasing the number of melanocytes present. Melanocytes make melanin, which is what produces your skin tone.
In cases of hyperpigmentation, more melanin is present due to an increase in melanocyte production. By controlling these melanocytes, your skin will become more even toned over time.
It takes about four weeks for the ingredient to take effect. It may take several months of consistent use before you see full results.
Important. The treated area will turn darker for a couple of weeks before it turns lighter. This is due to the cellular turnover and then the treated skin will reveal a brighter complexion. Drinking 2L of water daily and SPF 30+ is a MUST.
After using this product continuously for 60 days you'll need to give your skin a break and stop using the serum for 30 days.
Users of hydroquinone can develop a resistance if used continuously without a break and also risk developing a condition called Ochronosis which is a permanent darkening of the skin. While this is a rare condition, it's still important that you pause using any hydroquinone product after 60 days.
You can begin re-using the serum after a 30 day break.
During the 30 day break we recommend using Cos De BAHA Vitamin C Serum + AHA/BHA Toner to maintain your new glow.
You can repeat this cycle to keep your skin looking bright and youthful.
Warning: Some users of this product may experience a minor skin irritation. If irritation becomes severe, discontinue use and seek medical advice. Always spot test the product before use.
- Dark Spot Corrector Remover for Face
- Treat Melasma
- Skin Lightening
- After cleansing, toner apply this product
- Follow with a moisturizer
- Final Skin care step. SPF 30-50+ is a MUST. otherwise skin will have a rebound effect, photosensitivity, and become darker.
TEST BEFORE USE
- Please note that all products can sometimes cause irritations for people with very sensitive skin. Please patch test before use.
- Always test the product on a small area before using it. Ideally behind an ear or under the chin.
- Allow 24 hours to see if there is any adverse reaction towards the product. Stop using immediately if irritation occurs.
- Retinoids cream and serums - Yes
- Malassezia, Fungal Acne, Folliculitis - Yes
- Pregnancy - Yes, From Trimester 3 onwards
- Rosacea, Eczema, Psoriasis Skin types - Only if you really must. Use with care with intense monitoring. Use only every other day
- Roaccutane - No
- Benzoyl Peroxide - No
- Use daily or 60 days then stop for 30 days then repeat until the treated area becomes brighter.
- Brand – Cos De BAHA
- Volume - 30ml 1 fl oz
- Product name – HB Serum
- Key Ingredients – Hydroquinone 2%, Azelaic 4%, Niacinamide 4%
- Made in South Korea
- Not tested on animals
- Free from 6 harmful (Paraben, Gluten, Formaldehyde, Fragrance, Sulfate, Artificial Color)
*Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Propanediol, Azelaic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80, Hydroquinone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salicylic Acid, Kojic Acid, Lactic Acid, *Hamamelis Virginiana(Witch Hazel) Leaf Ext, *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Ext,*Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Ext,*Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Ext, *Aspalathus Linearis Ext.*Mark: Organic Ingredients. Organic 52%